Going to Belgium to become listed on a member of family or partner

Going to Belgium to become listed on a member of family or partner

When you have a general or partner residing in Belgium, see if can use to reside and work in Belgium for the intended purpose of family members reunification.

The nationality of your family member and the family connection if you want to move to Belgium to join a family member or partner, different conditions and requirements apply depending on your nationality. This guide describes just how to make an application for a visa that is belgian permit, if needed, to become listed on your loved ones and live and work with Belgium:

EU/EEA/Swiss residents and their family people

EU/EEA/Swiss nationals

You can freely join your relative in Belgium without the need to apply for a Belgian visa if you’re from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA – EU plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland. Nonetheless, you need to follow particular guidelines regarding enrollment as a foreigner. You will have to register at your neighborhood Belgian commune to be granted with a residence card that is foreigner’s. To find out more, see Expatica’s guide for EU/EEA and Swiss nationals going to Belgium.

Family unit members of EU/EEA/Swiss nationals

If you should be maybe not through the EU/EEA or Switzerland, however your general or partner is, you may be qualified to join or accompany them in Belgium. As a whole, spouses, registered lovers and kiddies under 21 of EU/EEA/Switzerland nationals have entitlement to A belgian residence license for the true purpose of family members reunification. (more…)

Continue Reading
Close Menu